Skip to content

Appointments & Support

Please reach out the appropriate department for the below topics based on your questions and support needs. For contact information of a broader range of departments, use the Graduate School Directory.

Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS)

GEMS is the best resource for questions about:

  • MyGrad training
  • Application fee waivers
  • Graduate school admissions requirements
  • English language proficiency requirements
  • Deferrals/Early Entry
  • On-Leave Status
  • Academic Performance & Progress
  • ETD submission
  • Letters of certification for students whose degree is not yet posted
  • Reinstatement

Make an Appointment with GEMS

Appointments are available throughout the year. You can make an appointment through our appointment scheduler for new Graduate Advisor training, MGP troubleshooting, an admissions/graduation refresher, assistance with computing the total value of the financial offer, questions on Graduate School Policy, and more. 

Request a GEMS Appointment

Contact GEMS

Email GEMS at

Office of Academic Affairs

The Office of Academic Affairs is the best resource for questions about:

  • Supervisory committees
  • Reading committees
  • GSRs
  • Committee chairs
  • Suspending Admissions to a Graduate Program
  • Proposing a new sequential combined undergraduate/graduate (CUG) degree program
  • Proposing a new degree program
  • Membership in the Graduate Faculty and Doctoral Endorsement
  • Graduate Courses in Non-Degree-Offering Units

Contact the Office of Academic Affairs

Academic Affairs Directory Listing

Fellowships & Awards

The Fellowships & Awards is the best resource for questions about:

  • Policies and best practices on fellowships, traineeships and graduate student jobs (RA/TA/SA/Predoc Instructor) 
  • UAW/UW ASE union contract 
  • Salary rates for RA/TA/SA/Predoc Instructor 
  • National fellowships such as Fulbright, NSF, Boren, CLS, Hertz, NDSEG, etc.
  • Graduate School awards 
  • Troubleshooting tuition waivers

Contact Fellowships & Awards

Fellowships & Awards Directory Listing

Office of the University Registrar (OUR)

The Office of the University Registrar is the best resource for questions about:

  • Degree Certification/Verification 
  • Enrollment verifications 
  • Registration issues 
  • Diploma issues 
  • Transcript issues 

Contact OUR

To submit a ticket with OUR or email specific within OUR departments, visit the Contact OUR webpage

International Student Services (ISS)

International Student Services is the best resource for questions about:

  • Immigration advising – maintaining status, benefits, university/immigration policy and restrictions 

Contact ISS

Visit the ISS website

Student Fiscal Services (SFS)

Student Fiscal Services is the best resource for questions about:

  • Tuition & fees

Contact SFS

Contact SFS