- Policies & Procedures
- Graduate School Forms & Reference Documents – provides forms and resources pertaining to graduate students such as request for leave, request for letter of certification (for graduating students whose degree is not posted), thesis/dissertation resources, etc.
- Tips For Developing a Graduate Student Handbook
- Undocumented Graduate Students – information and resources for departments and individuals seeking status (self-identified DREAMers, HB 1079, and/or DACA approved)
Systems Access and Security
- GPA/GPC Email Lists – instructions on adding/removing GPAs/GPCs from their respective email lists
- Family and Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- UW CISO Online training – provides information on best practices around passwords, malware, social security numbers, and more
- Graduate and Professional Advisors Association (GPAA) – the purpose of GPAA is to define a space for graduate and professional advisors to collaborate, facilitate the sharing of best practices in graduate advising, represent graduate advisors to larger constituents, and identify and implement areas for professional development
General Admissions Resources
- Graduate Advisor Guide – the Graduate Advisor Guide provides information on admissions petitions, admissions petition appeals, and other admissions related topics
- Admissions Review Manager – user tips for faculty application reviewers
- Creating an Admission Application in MyGrad – provides information on how to create admission application (unit profile) in MGP and Slate for newly approved degrees/degree options.
- Council of Graduate Schools April 15th Resolution – an agreement among the signatory graduate schools (which includes the University of Washington) to provide applicants until April 15 to consider offers of admission that also include financial support.
- New guidance on race and admissions following 2023 Supreme Court ruling – Based on the ruling from the 2023 Supreme Court case Students for Fair Admissions (SFFA) vs. Harvard University and SFFA vs. University of North Carolina, we share key takeaways from the UW Attorney General’s Office’s guidance with regards to admission, recruiting and funding.
- Graduate Admissions Modernization Project (Slate)
International Admissions Resources
- Best Practices for International Student Admission – provides best practices when offering admission to an international applicant or considering petitioning to change their entry quarter and year (e.g., deferral or early entry)
- World Higher Education Database – to verify the accreditation of institutions worldwide
- Converting an International GPA to a 4.0 U.S. Grading Scale – how to guide for gpa conversion
- International Grade Conversion Scales – resources for understanding international grading scales
- Pre-Paid Application Fee Payment Process
- Financial Offer Letter – example scenarios and language for individuals handling departmental funding letters
- Graduate Advisor Guide – the Graduate Advisor Guide provides information on leave, reinstatement, academic performance & progress, student petitions, and other student related topics
- Graduation Processing – written for a graduate student audience, this page provides detailed information regarding graduation process including dates & deadlines, thesis/dissertation information & concurrent degree graduation
- Enrollment Verification/Degree Verification – graduate students should contact the Office of the University Registrar for enrollment or degree verifications
- Encoding Graduate Degree Programs – provides information on how to get department degree programs encoded into DARS
- Degree Audit – helpful information for using the DARS (degree audit) tool