A new degree/degree option has been approved and now the program is ready to provide applicants with an admission application for the new degree/degree option. Please review the following implementation steps for the admission application in MyGrad.
Steps to be completed prior to creating the admission application:
- Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS) receives a copy of the new degree/degree option approval letter from the Provost or Graduate School office of Academic Affairs and Planning (OAA&P)
- GEMS receives the Cover Sheet New Program Degree Proposal from OAA&P
- GEMS and the program receive notification from the Registrar’s office that the degree code has been created (approximately 2 – 4 weeks after approval letter)
- Program faculty have identified all application materials, pre-requisites, and application deadlines and provided these to the program’s Graduate Program Advisor (GPA)
- GPA contacts GEMS (email@example.com) to create an admission profile in MyGrad
Steps to create the admission application:
- Program enters all application items and instructions into MyGrad, which may include but are not limited to:
- program contact information
- application deadlines*
- letters of recommendation
- application materials (i.e., statement of purpose, resume, essays, etc.)
- tests and test score requirements
- areas of interest
- program key words for searching capability
*Visa processing must be considered when establishing application deadlines for students entering on F-1 and J-1 visas. Offers to F-1 and J-1 students must be extended at least 4 months prior to the first day of enrollment to provide students the opportunity to secure a visa.
Steps to be completed prior to opening the admission application:
- Curriculum and degree requirements for graduation are posted on the program’s website
- GEMS receives a copy of the Degree Requirements Form from the program
- Program has completed the admission application in MyGrad and notifies GEMS
- GEMS reviews and opens the application (within one week of completed application notification and upon review outcome)
Programs should contact GEMS at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this process.